Creative Placemaking is a people-centered approach to building strong, vibrant communities. It helps communities achieve economic and population growth through cultural and entrepreneurial amenities, concepts, and catalytic projects.
Our goal is to learn your community’s needs, help address your challenges, and provide a comprehensive strategy, engaging our partners when and where their expertise is needed. We work with you to create the amenity, we figure out how to finance it, then help you identify the resources to build and operate.
WHAT WE DO
Creative Placemaking is a people-centered approach to building strong, vibrant communities. It helps communities achieve economic and population growth through cultural and entrepreneurial amenities, concepts, and catalytic projects. Our goal is to learn a community’s needs, help address their challenges, and collaboratively provide a comprehensive strategy, engaging partners when and where their expertise is needed. We work with communities to create quality amenities,figure out how to finance it, then help communities identify the talent and resources to build and operate them.
WHY WE DO IT
For decades, many rural areas have suffered from population decline, generational poverty, low academic attainment, stagnant wages and housing shortages, among other challenges. Since the last recession, rural America has been left behind and disproportionately lags in the economic prosperity realized by its urban counterparts. But rural areas have unique assets and underestimated opportunities for community development and economic growth. Every town has potential and McClure seeks to help communities unlock it so they can thrive in today’s global economy.
HOW WE WORK
Community Visioning/Asset Mapping – Solicit a wide-range of community input to define what is unique, what is missing, and brainstorm how to utilize existing assets;
Capacity Assessment – Compile the ideas and assets identified in the visioning sessions and determine feasibility;
Action Plan – Collaboratively define priority projects, create programming, determine how much it will cost and where the money can come from, then outline next steps;
Implementation Guidance – Convene the capital campaign committee, build strategic partnerships, fundraise, break ground on catalytic projects identified in the action plan.
- We guide clients in making long-term capital investments
- The benefits of McClure: McClure began as a traditional civil engineering firm, so our employee’s have direct knowledge of the process
- Coding Academies: The future is online! Coding academies train tomorrow’s workforce remotely
- 3D Printing: The future of housing is 3D printed
- Capital Campaigns: Assess potential funding sources and support the community in securing the capital necessary to bring projects to fruition
- Ongoing Operations: Mentor community leaders in financially sustaining established and emerging amenities
- Master Planning: Build a blueprint for the community’s future and formulate initial action steps
- Business Planning: Design initial business models for proposed entities to ensure long-term sustainability
- Creative Placemaking: Conceptualize a long-term vision for the community’s amenities and develop real, specific actions to implement the vision immediately
- Visioning: Generate a direction for the community and future investments based on residents’ needs, hopes, and desires
- Keynotes: Inspire community action and demonstrate economic impact of placemaking
- Workshops: Run events to spark community dialogue and collaboration
- Facilitation: Manage leadership retreats, strategic planning sessions, and more, to maximize growth opportunities
- Branding: Boost community identity and strengthen civic pride
- Marketing: Accelerate population and economic growth with a strategy to tell the community’s story
- Icons, words, and images composed to represent complex concepts
- Live illustration: Visual notes from a presentation, conference, etc., composed live during events
MEET THE TEAM
Dispatches from the Mississippi Delta
They say the Mississippi Delta begins in the lobby of the Peabody Hotel and ends on Catfish Row in Vicksburg…
Mar 06, 2019 / 10min read. Read More
Hemp-crusted Pickerel and Gas Station Fried Chicken: The Best Rural Meals of 2018
When we’re not placemaking, we’re eating. Here are some of the best meals my team and I have found touring rural America.
Jan 29, 2019 / 10min read. Read More
“We decided we could live anywhere we wanted, and we chose Fremont.”
Meet Glen Ellis, local business owner and newly elected city council member in Fremont, NE (population 26,397).
Jan 08, 2019 / 3min read. Read More
DAY TRIP: Paducah
In March of 2000, the city of Paducha, Kentucky made a bold and unique move: finding themselves with a once-prosperous neighborhood now…
Dec 27, 2018 / 6min read. Read More
PERRYVILLE, MO: FROM MAKING BURGERS TO MAKING A BLOCK
Carissa Stark is the person every small town wants. As the owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew, Stark’s restaurant anchors a thriving…
Dec 20, 2018 / 3min read. Read More
Does your community need more people? Send a message to the Placemaking Team to learn more about how we can help!